ADOPT / FOSTER
At Friends of the Animals we utilise a network of capable foster homes to look after the animals that come into the Charity looking for their forever homes, or are on a temporary respite from their own home.
We provide everything you need and cover any veterinary treatment during their stay.
For more details about becoming a Foster Carer please call 01983 522 511 for an initial chat.
In addition to our network of Foster Carers we also operate a ‘Wants List’ for those that wish to provide a permanent home to one of the animals in our care.
For more details on providing a forever home for one of our animals please contact 01983 522 511 and we can have an initial discussion to ascertain the type of rescue animal you would like.
Once we have a match we will carry out a home visit with a view to potentially re-homing.
For adoption conditions please click here Adoption-Details.
2023 adoption fees vary dependent on breed, age and health.
OTHER WAYS TO VOLUNTEER
Volunteers at Friends of the Animals really are the life blood of the Charity and play a massive part in enabling us to continue our work.
There are many varied roles within the charity and something to suit everyone, below is a guide to some of the ways you can help but please call Linda, Helen 2 or Chris on 01983 522 511 for an informal chat.
- A voluntary driver. This can include picking up donations of pet food or items for our shops, you may be transporting an animal to the vets or to one of our Foster Carers. It will be varied and fun and we offer a mileage allowance if you are not using the charity vehicle, plus any other out of pocket expenses.
- Admin in our Newport office. We need people to answer our telephone lines, deal with queries, file paperwork and if you are computer literate and/or have social media skills that would be even better.
- Shop volunteers. Can you spare a few hours weekly assisting our teams at Ryde, Sandown, Portsmouth and our head office at Newport. This can include taking in, sorting and pricing donations, displaying goods or serving customers in the shop.
- Events volunteer. Throughout the year, but especially during the Summer, we have stalls at a number of events such as fetes and fayres, table top sales etc. Usually we will be selling bric a brac, running a tombola and chatting with the public about our work. It’s fun, usually outdoors and a great way to promote the Charity.
- Any other. Should you have a skill or attribute that you feel would be beneficial to the Charity please do let us know!