Jillie Wheeler set up ‘Cassie’s Care for Pets’ (CC4P) in memory of her much loved, black German Shepherd. It is part of Friends of the Animals and provides veterinary treatment primarily (but not exclusively) to help towards the cost of treatment for animals belonging to older, owners on the I.O.W.
A recent recipient of CC4P’s help is Bowie the Cockerpoo puppy pictured, who came from a mainland breeder. His loving, new owners were horrified to discover that a severe worm infection, constant sickness and diarrhoea and a refusal to eat or drink were the very least of their new puppy’s problems. At just ten weeks old, Bowie had a very serious heart murmur and immediate surgery was required.
Since its’ inception, CC4P has raised an amazing £37,000 for veterinary treatment and Jillie, who was awarded a B.E.M. (British Empire Medal) for her fundraising efforts, generously agreed to contribute £600-00 to what was going to be a mega veterinary bill – and happily little Bowie’s life was saved.
- Poppy a Shih Tzu who needed eye surgery,
- Poppy a French Bull Dog puppy who broke his shoulder,
- Diva a Staffie X who needed a leg operation,
- Glyn, Beth, Tilly & C.J. who between them had; a liver problem, a heart problem, a thyroid problem and a little blind dog with dry eye, Casper who had heartworm,
- Alfie the Springer whose leg was saved,
- Nel a Collie who needs drugs for a major stomach problem,
- Toby who ruptured his cruciate,
- Dave who swallowed a fishing hook,
- Millie a Westie who it was thought swallowed poison,
- A Bichon puppy who needed an eye removed,
- Carig a Collie who had a growth,
- Roxie a Pug in agony with bladder stones,
- Freddie a Yorkie who ruptured his cruciate,
- Teddy a Poodle needing surgery for a possible brain bleed,
- Izzy a Terrier needing an ear operation,
- Alekos a diabetic Labrador,
- Shady a Jack Russell with a collapsed windpipe,
- Daisy who was bleeding to death,
- Sophie & Lex who both needed a dental,
- Bobby a Yorkie who received life threatening injuries in an attack,
- Bess a Collie who had a serious auto-immune problem,
- Susie a Lurcher with a growth on her paw,
- Jessie a cat who was poisoned,
- Missy a 5 month old puppy who slipped through a balcony rail,
- Tigger a cat who was bleeding heavily,
- Lara a little deaf Collie who needs ongoing medication,
- Tuko a 6 month old puppy who fell down a flight of steps breaking a leg on the joint. The break was too severe to pin and an amputation or a put to sleep were the only options available. We went for the amputation.
If you would like to help Cassie’s Care 4 Pets, please click on the PayPal button below.